What are you waiting for? Job opportunities are available in select markets on an ongoing
basis throughout the year.
FIELD MARKETING CREW MEMBER POSITION DESCRIPTION*
*Field Marketing Crew Members are employees of The Staffing Solutions Group. Clif Bar oversees crew members’ work only while providing services on behalf of Clif Bar.
A Clif Bar Field Marketing Crew Member is accountable for assisting the Field Marketing Manager in implementing creative, grass-roots field marketing programs to maximize opportunities for consumer exposure to Clif Bar products through direct consumer sampling, talking directly with target consumers about product features and values, and gathering direct consumer feedback.
Desired Skills/Required Qualifications
Candidate must be detail-oriented, professional, approachable, outgoing and enjoy engaging the public. Excellent communication and organizational skills are required. Candidate must be able to commit to work 2-6 weeks in advance of an event. Punctuality is a must. Some Field Marketing/Promotions experience is highly advantageous. Must have internet access, reliable transportation, and be able to participate in manual labor, including lifting of up to 35 pounds safely.
- Execute strong presence for Clif Bar products in assigned geographic and target demographic markets
- Educate consumers on general principles of nutrition, latest nutritional trends, ingredients and stated nutritional claims of our competitors’ products, as well as ingredients and the nutritional benefits of Clif Bar products
- Some travel outside the area may be required, as well as overnight trips.
- Aid Crew Captain in keeping event materials organized.
- Maintain a continually growing knowledge base of the company, its’ aspirations, its' products and its’ programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Requires valid drivers' license with clean driving record
- Requires Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- An appropriate standard of conduct must be maintained while representing Clif Bar
Compensation is based on an hourly rate of $15 per hour, unless otherwise provided in writing.
Event Travel Reimbursements:
- Drive Time – The hourly rate for driving time from a meeting place designated by Clif Bar to an event is $10 per hour, unless you are notified otherwise in writing with respect to any single event. Any modification to the driving time rate for a single event does not change the standard $10 per hour driving time rate for any future event(s).
- Hotel & Meals – Travel expenses for events which require an overnight stay will be reimbursed by Clif Bar. The hotel rate and meals should be reasonable and not extravagant and will be communicated before event.
- Parking – Parking expenses for company vehicles (or personal vehicles being used for equipment transport) will be reimbursed by Clif Bar.
- Mileage – If you are asked by the Field Marketing Manager or Lead Field Representative to transport Clif Bar product, supplies or staff to an event using your personal vehicle, Clif Bar will reimburse you for mileage at a rate of $.56/mile. Please note this rate is subject to change depending on the price of fuel.
Event Sign-Up: No Guarantee of Work
You will receive periodic emails about Clif Bar events, and may submit your availability to work these events. You will be notified if you are scheduled for an event. There is no guarantee that you will be provided with work, or any set number of hours of work. Crew members are not assigned more than 129 hours of work in a month.
Event Cancellation Policy
If you find you are unable to attend an event you have signed up for, we ask that you provide the Field Marketing Manager with at least seven days advance notice so that we may find another staff member to fill your spot. No shows will be grounds for immediate termination of employment.
What to wear/bring/etc. to each event:
• Review Quick Reference Cards for each product to be sampled
• Dress appropriately:
- Clif/Luna shirt
- Comfortable shoes
- Hair tied back
- Food and water
- Great attitude
• Arrive at meeting spot on time!